Main Idea Freebie

Last week we read the Laura Numeroff books.  The kiddos just love these books!
We started with If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and If You Take a Mouse to School.  We figured out the Main Ideas together and wrote them on the following recording sheet.




As we went through the week and read more stories the students wrote the main idea independently and then we discussed it.  I was happy to see the students understanding and picking out the main idea.  Click on the main idea worksheets to get a free copy.

This was a great chance to do a compare and contrast of the two stories.  It always amazes me that the students can come up with an idea that I have never thought about yet.  I love seeing how their brain works.


If you're interested in my whole unit click above.

Follow on Bloglovin' to make sure you don't miss any Freebies!!




No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...